God hates wickedness, and he will not spare wicked people from punishments. The scriptures emphasized that God will afflict the wicked people in hellfire. It is stated,
“The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright” (Psalm 11:5-7).
God’s intent to punish the world for its wickedness is revealed throughout the scripture. Both Old and New Testaments of the bible have explained that God will stop the existing world that is filled with wickedness, and cast it to hellfire – including unrepentant sinners. Meanwhile, prior to complete destruction of the earth planet, God will gather and transport his saints to the new earth and new heaven that he has prepared for them (Revelation 21:1-5).
Jesus Christ offers the only escape route from hellfire. Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as his or her personal Lord and Savior will escape hell on God’s last Day of Judgment. Some bible references that intensify the need for repentance and confession of Jesus as Lord are highlighted thus:
1. Psalm 11:5-7: (The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright).
2. Psalm 49:13–14: (This is the way of those who are foolish, and of their posterity who approve their sayings. Like sheep they are laid in the grave; Death shall feed on them; the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling).
3. Matthew 25:41: (Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels).
4. Matthew 10:28: (And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell).
5. John 14:6 (Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me).
Dear Lord, enough is enough, I do not want to go to hellfire but I want to go to heaven! I am now fully determined to stop playing with fire. As from today, I offer you (Jesus) my spirit, soul, and body. I give you my whole heart, and I declare you as Lord! I confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; he died and he resurrected, and he is my personal Lord and Savior. I confess my sins and I repent from them. From now onward, I am a child of God. I renounce sin and all works of the devil. I revoke my covenant with the devil, and I established a new covenant with Jesus Christ. I now declare it loud and clear that I (Mention Your Name) am a born-again Christian, and heaven is my home. Amen!